Sunday, November 27, 2011

~Friends How Many of Us Have Them?~

http://clombers.com/

My professor's once said "if you say you have more than three friends you are lying." At the time he told my class that, I though he was wrong and I was debating with him. Little did I know, one day he was going to prove me wrong. At that time in my life I was super social and my phone use to ring off the hook. It rang so much that I use to hang up the phone in the middle of a conversation. I felt like superwoman saving everybody from their problems. Saving people who didn't want to change in the first place. It was like I was more worried about their problems than they were. That's when I realized I was caught in a hamster wheel, running miles and getting absolutely nowhere.

As time progressed God revealed their true colors to me. During this faze of my life I got really depressed, the ones who I called my friends were far from it. I would drink a lot during this time because I was so stressed out. What I didn't realize was after the alcohol was gone my problems were still there. I knew I couldn't fight this battle alone...I had to tap into my source which was God. I know that with his strength, I could pull though anything, and I did. I believe this quote can help explain it "I asked God to protect me from my enemies and then I stared losing friends."-unknown

I believe that everything in life happens for a reason. When God releases someone from your life, it's because their season is up. He puts people in your life to teach you lessons, you learn them and move forward. Believe me those lessons will only make you a stronger person. Now I am more content with my life and I choose quality over quantity any day. Now I can truly say I love my friends!

"There is no such thing as fake friends or true friends. However, there is a such thing as a friend no adjectives needed to explain it."-Me



2 comments:

  1. I feel where you're coming from with this post. I remember a time when I felt like a social butterfly. My phone was constantly ringing and everybody always wanted to go hang out and do something fun. There was never a dull moment. But when I needed "friends" the most, I realized how many associates and acquaintances I had and how many friends I did not have.

    I posted that quote about the enemies and friends on my FB just the other day because it rings so true. Sometimes people only have a few scenes in our life story and when the time comes, must gracefully bow out. Hang in there, girlie. Everything happens for a reason =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you're are so right Mrs. Dre. This happened a couple of years ago. So I'm well adjusted to the more smaller circle of friends now.

    I hate to say this but its so easy for me cut someone off. When I see someone's true colors, I believe them. And like you said bow out gracefully. At the end of the day it's their lost not mine.

    ReplyDelete