Monday, June 4, 2012

~A Little Life Lesson~

image:flickr.com

One of my life lessons is to take relationships for what they are. Meaning friends, family, spouse, co-workers, everyone you come in contact with. Some people will fail you and or even lie to you. The saying is true "when someone shows you who they are believe them." I want to take this quote a bit further and say when they do except it.

Sometime we want people to change, and the truth is we can not do that. A person changes when they want to change, but when we accept it that is half the battle. Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I have separated my friends into categories. Yes, I know which ones to call for their specific areas of expertise. I have told secrets to some of my friends, and it didn't remain a secret. We all had this happen to us before, if not you will experience it sooner or later. Even though it happened in the past, do you think I will trust them again? The answer is absolutely not, but some of them are still my friends. They're just in a category of "no secret telling." So I hope you like my little life lesson, and will take these tips into consideration.

 Three simple tips: 
  • Accept relationship for what they are!
  • Use the category method
  •  Get over it


2 comments: