Monday, July 9, 2012

~Promise Me~

Hold your head up high
I do not want to see you cry, 
The love you have given me is warmer than a home cooked Southern apple pie,
 Momma promise me one thing, 
 And that is you will never say good-bye,
 Because God has given me a halo and wings, 
So whenever you need me I will fly, 
And momma when you look up to the sky at night and you see a shooting star, 
That is me granting a wish for you, I told you I am not far, 
 I am your precious daughter,
 blow your kisses to me in the sky, and I will assure you I will catch them instantly, 
 Hand on the bible no lie, 
 And momma promise me one thing, and I will do the same for you,
 and that is you will always have continuous love for me,
 Like I will always have continuous love for you 


I wrote this poem for one of my sorors. She lost her baby girl this month a few years ago. Her baby was not even one years old. So I posted this to say if your a mother cherish your child/children! You never know what tomorrow may bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment