Monday, October 16, 2017

*52 Savings Challenge*

The 52 week savings challenge is an awesome way to save money. I started on my journey around April of this year. And I plan to finish by Nov 3rd of this year. I keep my chart on my refrigerator to keep me motivated daily. Once I complete a week I highlight it from the list. And I also keep track of how much money I have all together. I keep a screenshot on my phone letting me know how much more I need. And sometimes if I know more money is coming I despoit more money in my account. That is the reason why it won't take me a full 52 weeks. Also, I opened an high yield savings account. That way I could make interest off of my money. Instead of having it in a big bank. Next, I added all my CC interest credits to my savings as well. That helped me a lot as well. 

The last thing and most important is to cut out unnessary spending. My biggest ones were eating out. I cook my meals at home now. If you write out your budget and stick to it that will help. I can talk about budgeting later. 

Saving is fun you just have to stay motivated, and know your end goal. I keep myself focused on my savings goals because a smart woman is a financial savy woman. Yes, I had to turn down several trips this year but my main goal was bigger than traveling. Once you have a goal you stick with it like I said. And now come Nov I will have extra funds in my account😁 💰. 






No comments:

Post a Comment