Saturday, November 11, 2017

*Decluttering/Minimalism*

I'm the type of person that never was materialistic or really lived for things. I was more of a experience type of girl. One that loves adventurous trips and spending time with family and friends. Things to me are really nothing...they come and they go. I realized at a very early age I was not like a lot of my friends that strived for things. 

These last couple of weeks I have been selling/donating things that no longer have a purpose. Clothes, shoes, kitchen appliances, electronics, and some furniture/decor items too. As I was going through my things, I noticed some things I never used. Yes, some stuff was brand spanking new. The thing is I didn't care, if it has no purpose it was getting tossed!

I know letting go of things is hard for some people. However, what we fail to realized sometimes is that things take up our time. Some things cost more money or some things require repairs/add on items. What is the use of having so many clothes, taking up time you will never get back washing, drying, folding, and repairing. And most of the time our closets/drawers are filled with things we don't need. Stuff that has been sitting there for years. I had some items that were college old. I was thinking why am I still holding on to this stuff lol. 

Now my journey will focus on going back to the basics. Just trying to keep the things that I wear and things I use. If I havent use or wore it in a year or so goodbye ๐Ÿ‘‹. It's really that simple if we think about it. Letting go can be so simple but we rather make it hard lol (Lauren Hill). 

Now looking around my place I feel less anxious. I feel more relaxed in my home. Yes, I still have to go through more closets etc. However, I know I am making progress. And that is very important to me baby steps. 

Now I am more focused on how I spend my dollar as well. It's helping me to save more and say no to consumerism. After watching this documentary about how corporations/government set us up to spend. I was like no I will not get caught up in this rat race. I know bits and pieces because I went to school for marketing. Basically, our minds subconsciously pick things up we don't need. Most people spend money trying to inpress people they dont like. And they become a slave to the system. It's the main reason a lot of folks are in debt as well. 

Trust me life is too short to be worried about things. Find out what makes you happy. Find out what your passions are and pursue them. Find out how you want to spend your limited time on this earth. Question everything until you get the answers to your questions. Because really things are good for flexing on social media, but really is your life as glamours outside the pictures? It's time we dig a little deeper...I know I am. It's freeing...and there is no feeling like being free๐Ÿ˜Š

No comments:

Post a Comment