Saturday, May 28, 2011

~How to Get Out your own Way~

I decide to do a book review on Tyrese's book "How to get out your Own Way" If you read my previous post you will know why I purchased the book if you didn't read it click here. I got his book the Hard copy at Borden and Noble's at the mall last month, I read it in a week. I can say this book is really good I have recommended it to my co-workers, family, and friends. Some people even came up to me to ask what I was reading. When I told them they wrote the name down so they could purchase it for themselves.

I feel the title speaks for itself...have you ever though you were holding yourself back? If the answer to you question was "yes" you are absolutely right. I always say "The only person stopping you from being you is "YOU." You can not blame your family, the economy, your professor or your boss for your life. The only person that is you can blame is yourself, yes the person that is staring back at you in the mirror. Often times we block ourselves from the blessings God wants for us. We do it out of fear sometimes or other times out of ignorance because we don't know. So when you learn this and start blaming yourself you will see that things begin to unfold. You will really get an eye opening experience because you will realize the power lies within you.

In the book Tyrese tackles commitment to your goals, hustling, why cheaters cheat, the circle of five friends, how actions speak louder than words, finding your purpose and much more.

I am going to share a part of the book I like.

"You should expect a lot of people to say no. But don't get discouraged, because when one door closes it means that door wasn't for you, or that could mean that the timing for your idea wasn't right."

-Gibson, Tyrese. How To Get Out Your Own Way. 2011 (222)

1 comment:

  1. I did a post on this same exact thing too. This was a good book! Tyrese said some very insightful things that is encouraging to read.

    ReplyDelete